Online trolling and harassment are not new to our society but in these stressful times more prevalent in our lives than ever. With the stress of being at home, worried about health, friends and family and employment social media is an outlet for boredom, comfort, connection, fear and even anger. But beyond the adage "don't feed the trolls" what is the most effective way to deal with bias speech and other harmful comments on our social media pages? This training will review research on trolling and other online harassment, what it is, why folks do it and what are the most effective ways to protect your pages and respond.
During this webinar attendees will learn:
• What trolling is and why people do it
• Where the toxic messaging in many troll scripts comes from
• Best practices for responding to trolls
• Best practices for policies regarding trolls on your pages
• Examples of how to handle trolling on your pages